There are so many benefits to yoga. That I could sit here for about a week trying to explain to you how good yoga is for you. Yoga will give you a strong flexible body, a healthier lifestyle and a more relaxed mind. However we often fail to realise all the other benefits of yoga. When Yoga unites the body, mind and breath and creates a harmony within, this then leads to a life which is calmer, happier and more fulfilling.
- Increased Fitness – this doesn’t just mean our physical fitness but also our mental fitness. When we enter into our practise and we concentrate on the yoga poses. This allows our minds to switch off from our everyday troubles and think about how are bodies our responding to the exercise, in turn this calms an anxious mind. Yoga not only increases physical strength, protect against injury, aids detoxification but also increases mental strength.
- Weight loss – Any sort of physical exercise can aid weight loss, however yoga with regular practise makes us aware of how our bodies respond to certain foods. The food we eat should provide energy and clarity rather than making us feel sluggish and depressed.
- Stress relief – A few minutes of yoga every day can be a great way to get rid of daily stress – in both the body and mind. Yoga postures and breathing are effective techniques to release stress and relax.
- Increased immunity– With better eating habits our immune system receives an increase in vitamins and minerals to name a few. But not only this whilst practising our yoga poses, it massages our internal organs. This increases detoxification, relaxes tight or taut muscles and aids digestion. Many people today don’t use the full capacity of their lungs. Simply breathing deep into your lower lungs will increase our immunity.
- Increased energy. Are you completely drained by the end of the day? We all know how this feels. But Yoga really does increase your energy, A few minutes of yoga everyday provides the secret to feeling fresh and energetic. We like to think at Hartleyheys (Classes at Sabden and Simsonstone in the Ribble Valley) that not only do we improve your technique but also after a class that we have made you feel energised and calm.
- Increased flexibility & posture. Regular yoga practice stretches and tones the bodies muscles and also helps make them strong. It also helps improve your bodies posture when you stand, sit, sleep or walk, in turn this helps to relieve your body of pain due to incorrect posture.
- Better Sleep – It’s a well-known fact yoga allows you to have better sleep. Mainly because you are taught how to focus on your breathing, this allows your mind to become peaceful and we know a peaceful mind and no stress allows for a good night’s sleep.
Yoga can be done anywhere just a few minutes a day is very beneficial.
Monday 6pm St Mary’s Hall Sabden Ribble Valley
Tuesday 7.15pm St Peters Church Simonstone Ribble Valley